- J.C.D., Canon Law, 2001, Pontificia Università della Santa Croce, Rome, Italy
- J.C.L., Canon Law, 1997, Pontificia Università della Santa Croce, Rome, Italy
- LL.B/B.C.L, 1990, Common Law & Civil law degrees, University of McGill, Montreal, Canada
- B.A, 1985, Political Science major, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Areas of Expertise
- Professor Adolphe has taught Canon Law, Criminal Law, Family Law, International Family Law, International Human Rights, International Law, and International Law and the Holy See.
Professor Adolphe began her legal career clerking for the Alberta Court of Appeal and Court of Queen’s Bench. After practicing with the Law Firm of Bennett Jones Verchere, she served as a prosecutor with the Alberta Crown Prosecutor’s Office. She then worked as a legal consultant with the law firm of Capua, Varrenti e Associati in Rome, Italy. While in Rome from 1998 to 2001, she attended United Nations conferences as a legal consultant for non-government organizations interested in the rights of women, youth, children and the International Criminal Court. From 2003 to 2011, she worked as a human rights consultant to the Holy See, Secretariat of State, Second Section (Relations with States) attending various international conferences and meetings in Rome, New York, Geneva, The Hague, Vienna, Rio de Janeiro and León. Then in 2011 she was invited by the Holy See to work with the Secretariat of State, Second Section, in Vatican City State. Professor Adolphe is currently based in Rome and returns to Ave Maria School of Law in the month of February to either teach an international law lecture series or organize an international conference through the auspices of the International Center for Law, Life, Faith and Family.
Honors and Professional Affiliations
- Jimmie Condon Scholarship, three time winner, University of Calgary
- Numerous tournament and conference all-star awards for athletic achievement in basketball, University of Calgary
- Alberta Provincial Basketball Team
- All Canadian Basketball Team (1985)
- City of Calgary Booster Club Award (1985)
JANE ADOLPHE, ROBERT FASTIGGI, MICHAEL VACCA, EDS., ST. PAUL, THE NATURAL LAW AND CONTEMPORARY LEGAL THEORY, [Hard Cover] (Lexington: 2012).
Chapter 20: Same Sex Marriage in Canada: The Debate About the Best Interests of Children, in LYNN D. WARDLE, CAMILLE S. WILLIAMS, EDS., FAMILY LAW: BALANCING INTERESTS AND PRIORITIES, (William S. Hein & Co: 2007).
Chapter 18: The Principles and Canada’s Beyond Conjugality Report: The Move Towards the Abolition of State Marriage Laws in ROBIN FRETWELL WILSON, ED., RECONCEIVING THE FAMILY, (Cambridge Univ. Press, 2006).
Chapter 10: Holy See and Convention on the Rights of the Child: Moral Problems in Negotiation and Implementation, in H. WATT ED., COOPERATION COMPLICITY, AND CONSCIENCE: MORAL PROBLEMS IN HEALTHCARE, SCIENCE, LAW, AND PUBLIC POLICY (London: Linacre Center, 2005).
Ms. Jane Adolphe, on behalf of Archbishop Francis Chullikatt, Permanent Observer for the Holy See to the United Nations in New York, delivers the statement of the Holy See at the 2011 High Level Meeting on AIDS General Assembly, United Nations (New York, 8-10 June 2011)
Ms. Jane Adolphe, on behalf of Archbishop Francis Chullikatt, Permanent Observer for the Holy See to the United Nations in New York, makes a point of order following the adoption of the Political Declaration at the 2011 High Level Meeting on AIDS General Assembly, United Nations (New York, 8-10 June 2011)
For additional presentations see the curriculum vitae