- B.A. 1964 Pennsylvania State University University Park, Pennsylvania
- J.D. 1967 George Washington Univ. Law School Washington, D.C.
Areas of Expertise
- State & Local Government Law
- Elections Law
Professional Experience Ave Maria School of Law
- Assistant Visiting Professor (Spring semester)
State of Michigan
- Special Assistant Attorney General
- Governor’s Chief Legal Counsel
- Senate Majority Counsel
- House of Representatives Minority Counsel
United States Congress
- Legislative Assistant to Congressman
Honors and Professional Affiliations
- 2011, Appointed Special Assistant Attorney General for Michigan by Attorney General Bill Schuette
- 2010 Advisory Cabinet Member, Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies-GVSU, Grand Rapids, Mi
- 2004, Appointed Special Assistant Attorney General for Michigan by Attorney General Michael Cox.
- 2003 Member, Michigan Secretary of State’s Advisory Committee to develop state plan for federal HAVA (Help Americans Vote Act) implementation & funding.
- 2002, Nov.-Dec. Transition director, Attorney General-elect Michael A. Cox.
- 2001-2002 Michigan Delegate, Streamlined Sales Tax Implementing States.
- 2002, Lawyers’ Division, Michigan Federalist Society, Joseph Grano Award recipient.
- 2002 Salute to Justice honoree, Oakland County Republican Party.
- 1997-2001, Trustee, Michigan State University, Detroit College of Law.
- Fellow, State Bar of Michigan since 1990.
- 1996-2001, State of Bar of Michigan. member Judicial Selection Task Force.
- 1991-2003 Member, Michigan Capitol Committee, Executive appointee; Chairman, 1993-94, 1999-2000 & 2002.
- 1996-1999 Member, Michigan Trial Court Assessment Commission.
- 1996 “Judicial Selection: A view from the Governor’s Perspective” co-author, Michigan Bar Journal, Vol. 75 No. 9, September 1996.
- 1995 “Governor’s Power to Control Agency Discretion” co-author, Michigan Bar Journal, Vol. 74 No. 3, March 1995.
- 1989 “Surrogate Parenting: The Michigan Legislation” co-author Center for the Study of Ethics, Western Michigan University Vol. 3, No.1, 1989.
- 1989 Co-Editor Equal Representation sec. “Reapportionment Law 1990” NCSL, Denver, Co.