- JD, 1993, Magna Cum Laude Michigan State College of law
- BA, 1988, University of Michigan
Areas of Expertise
- Professor Milliron has taught and oversees all of the Research, Writing & Advocacy Courses. She also teaches additional practical skills courses such as Client Representation Practicum, Writing for Litigation and Legal Drafting. Professor Milliron has also taught Business Organizations.
Professor Milliron began her career in insurance defense litigation and appellate advocacy. She has written and argued numerous appeals including appeals to the United States Court for the Sixth Circuit. She specialized in areas of medical malpractice, EMS and first responder defense, governmental immunity, employment law, no-fault litigation and general tort litigation. Professor Milliron has taught for over 20 years at law schools including Michigan State College of Law, Wayne State University College of law and Thomas M. Cooley Law School. She has been the Director of the RWA program since 2009. She has spoken at several legal writing conferences and workshops. In addition, Professor Milliron spoke at a Lexis Nexis national conference and participated in the Lexis Nexis Summit meeting in 2010.
Honors and Professional Affiliations
- Member of Michigan State Bar since 1993
- Licensed in Federal Sixth Circuit Court since 1997
- Licensed in Federal District Courts for both the Eastern and Western District of Michigan since 1993
- On the advisory board for St. John Neumann Catholic High School from 2014-2015
- Member of Association of Legal Writing Directors since 2010
- Member of Legal Writing Institute since 1996
- Recognized as a Women of Distinction of Southwest Florida representative on behalf of the law school 2011-2012
- Editor-In-Chief Detroit College of Law Review 1993
- Recipient of Elizabeth A. Oehmke Memorial Award 1993
- Recipient of William B. Giles Award for Academic Excellence 1993
- Speaker at 2014 Legal Writing Institute One-Day Workshop at University of Detroit Mercy Law School: Where the Rubber Meets the Road-Teaching the Current Law Student
- Speaker at North Naples Rotary Club 2013
- Speaker at 2013 Legal Writing Institute One-Day Workshop at Nova Southeastern School of Law: Teaching Litigation Skills
- Part of 2012 LexisNexis LRW Summit Meeting
- Speaker at 2011 Southeastern Legal Writing Conference: Bridging the Gap between Doctrinal Learning and Skills Training—Incorporating skills across the curriculum and creating legal writing problems which employ doctrinal learning.
- Speaker/Panelist at LexisNexis 2010 Annual Meeting
- Presenter at CLE–iPad for Litigation 2013