The Ave Maria School of Law Community is comprised of people from across the country and beyond whose paths converge to pursue a common goal. Each person contributes to and benefits from the experiences and perspectives of other members of the community.
By providing opportunities for interaction among students, Ave Maria ensures a vibrant, professional atmosphere and a constructive law school experience. Beginning with Orientation, students are encouraged to participate in service, spiritual, and social activities.
A sampling of annual events and activities:
- Service Projects organized by the Student Bar Association
- Married Students Wine and Cheese, to help married couples prepare for the pressures of law school.
- “Ave Bowl,” a flag football playoff.
- Christmas Block Party including a roast of the faculty teaching 1L courses.
- Travel to The March for Life in Washington, D.C.
- The Valentine’s Day Cocktail Party and Silent Auction which has raised thousands of dollars for local charities.
- The Barrister’s Ball
- The Deans’ End –of-the-Year Barbecue