- J.D., 1993, Michigan State University College of Law, cum laude
- B.A., 1986, Oakland University
Areas of Expertise
- Insurance Defense, Products Liability, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Professor Miller has a broad range of substantive experience as a litigation attorney serving as both defense and plaintiff counsel. His areas of practice include real estate and construction law, insurance defense, premises liability, first and third-party no-fault, governmental immunity, ERISA, workers’ compensation, and EMS liability (Professor Miller was Partner at a law firm that served as Regional Counsel for American Medical Response). Professor Miller began as an Adjunct Professor at Ave Maria School of Law and has been teaching full-time with the law school since 2008. Throughout his professional career Professor Miller has been a frequent presenter at symposia and workshops.
Honors and Professional Affiliations
- Member of Michigan State Bar 1993-present
- Licensed in Federal District Courts for both the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan.
- Executive Director – Moot Court Board; Michigan State College of Law
- Eve August Moot Court Award
- Ralph Rose and Samuel Helper Award in Oral Advocacy
- Moot Court Executive Board Award
- Book Award: Estates and Future Interests
- Professor of the Year Award, Student Bar Association 2014-15
- Professor of the Year Award, Student Bar Association 2013-14
- Professor of the Year Award – Moot Court Board 2011-12
- Professor of the Year Award – Moot Court Board 2009-10
- Member Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Speaker at 2014 Legal Writing Institute One-Day Workshop at University of Detroit-Mercy Law School: Where the Rubber Meets the Road – Teaching the Current Law Student.
- Speaker at 2013 Legal Writing Institute One-Day Workshop at Nova Southeastern School of Law: Teaching Litigation Skills.
- Speaker at North Naples Rotary Club 2013.
- Presenter at client training and development workshops for emergency medical service providers 2000-2004.
- Guest lecturer, Michigan State University College of Law “Effective Oral Advocacy” 1998.